Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 11:30 PM   #9
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
I'm a Snowbird living in our 2016 Vegas 24.1 down in Florida however about every 2 weeks the chassis battery goes dead. It's a new battery, so clearly there is something draining it. Today I installed a solar battery tender with a diode to protect from overcharging. I'll know in a couple of weeks if this is solution to one of the few problems we had with this rig
Hi ! ... 2 things regarding your Vegas 24.1 ... I think it is similar enough to our Axis 24.1 that I might be able to address a couple issues....
In the bedroom is the radio ... it has a constant on backlight ...go into settings and disable that backlight..
next...when you get ready to turn off your ignition, make sure you, manually, turnoff the Axxerra radio...Both of these stinkers will drain your battery. If I recall, the Axxerra radio, runs off the Chassis battery...
Make sure your running lights are off, etc.
Often the obvious can be overlooked.
Many Thor owners complain about the No Name batteries used....we have been fortunate, possibly due to maintenance or just dumb luck...our Chassis battery lasted 4 years before we replaced it..before replacing it last year, we were using a trickle charger during extended stays... We cannot complain.

Good luck ! ... We are headed to Florida as soon as we get our 2nd dose of the vaccine and feel confident that we will not run into any icy roads between KS and FL !

Happy Camping !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum