Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #10
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Guess I've been lucky thus far in my selection of parks and sites. Being a good "belt and suspenders" kind of guy, sounds like I need to put a 30-50 dog bone in the storage compartment.

And also -- here's my dumb question of the day -- I thought a 50 amp service was 220 VAC not 110 VAC like a 30 amp. The 30-50 amp dog bone allows me to plug my 30 amp cable into a 50 amp receptacle on the power pedestal. What keeps from applying 50 amps 220VAC through my 30 amp cable to my 30 amp 110 VAC service on the Vegas blowing all my 30 amp fuses and/or frying all my electrical stuff? (I did say this was my dumb question of the day)
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum