Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
As Dave said - definitely recommend a supplemental braking system...
There are 'permanent' installs like Invisibrake that get mounted in the toad and get connected with wiring harness to motorhome with lights - or portable like the brakebuddy that you put in place each time.

Some offer proportional braking... some will only brake when the motorhome brakes are applied (ie: not when engine braking) - others sense the inertia difference and brake.

Looking at $1000 for almost any option - but the safety is worth it in my opinion (and required in many states at that weight).

I use the Invisibrake in my Jeep Wrangler (2 door soft top) - I'm about 1000 pounds lighter too at 3600.

A 5000 pound towing capacity is tight for a 4600 pound car - as that doesn't count what is IN the car... Have the car weighed as you intend to tow it to be sure it is under 5000...

And see what weight is really available for towing as Dave indicated... and if your model can be flat towed (typically needs a transfer case 'neutral' capability on a 4WD vehicle...)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum