Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane leak
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #15
Elite Washington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Let me/us know what he does to fix it. You may want to ask if the tank needs to be empty so you're not charged a service call and then have to have him come back when empty. Some of them have 'stove pipes' they use to burn it off but that takes a lot of time so be sure you're paying by the job and not by the hour.
Ha funny you mention that I think that was his plan. The “mechanic” had to reschedule so I went back through calling the RV shops in town and of course they are all busy. But I reached out to a heavy truck mechanic and he said all he could do was replace the tank. Then he gave me a name for a gas company and said this is who he sends people to. The mechanic said I only trust the gas guys and they will get you taken care of. Sure enough they said just burn off the fuel stop by if we carry the part should be a quick fix and if we have to order it we can do that and bring it back. Funny there seems like if you wanted to get into being an RV mechanic it might be a nice side gig. And if you just do it on the side you wouldn’t have to rip people off to make enough to fund vacations each year.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum