Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Many coaches haev Inverters to power a limited number of AC apliances (refrigerator, TV, etc.) when shore power is not avaialble or you can't use the generator.

You will be limited to its use by...

- The capacity and condition of your batteries
- The size of the chosen Inverter
- The amount of power being drawn from the Inverter based on the number of devices using AC power.

You may not necessarily want every outlet on the Inverter circuit. Unless you have enough battery power, you can drain down your batteries before you know it if you try to run too many things at one time.... like the TV, Coffee Pot and Refrigerator.

You also need a Full Sine Wave inverter to run a Microwave, Residential Fridge or small A/C unit. A modified sine wave inverter can damage those devices.

You also need an Inverter large enough for what you want to power and the larger the Inverter the more battery power you need.

I have a Magnitude SV34 with a Xantrex Freedom X 2000 Inverter. It powers my residential fridge, outdoor kitchen fridge and a couple TV's. I have four 6V batteries and can power the fridges all night long without any issues and watch a little TV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum