Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #33
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Interesting: Our Axis had Michelins on it (see pic I posted above). When I took it to the tire shop to get them replaced the tech said "Oooh yeah Michelins we see a lot of them with rot like that". (Yes the usual caveots apply here: They didn't sell Michelin, he did have some skin in the game since he was selling me new tires, etc.).

They sold us 6 Cooper tires. So far, after 2 years they still look as good as new (of course its only been 2 years but the coach has been sitting a bit more due to the elephant in the room and I wasn't able to cover it for winter like I usually do).
There apparently were some sidewall cracking issues with some of the RV Energy line a few years back. No failures that were documented. RV's tend to run on the underinflated side to use them for air springs rather than truckers that inflate them either to the max sidewall or very close and they stay at the psig for many years and are not checked daily but perhaps monthly

Michelin owns several other brands as you are probably aware of

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum