Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 05:46 PM   #31
Kimberjean73

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #23628
No the CHP did not follow me. It was Memorial Day weekend- either he had somewhere else to go or something else to do.

Once I was made aware of the roof tear, I was on the phone with Good Sam and they were trying to arrange a tow. But on the Friday before Memorial Day, there was no tow available that could also take me, my 70 year old mother, and 6 year old daughter, and there was no one we could find that allow us to tow it to their location. So we decided to seek shelter at the nearest campground that had a opening. My husband then drove 5 hours to get us and allow us to unpack everything we had stowed for a three week trip. I was then able to find an RV dealer in Laughlin who took pity on my situation and allowed the RV to be towed to their location.

Honestly, Good Sam was not equipped to handle this type of situation.

I did the best I could under the impossible situation I was placed in.

I don’t have the Winegard. It blew off. There was nothing I could do.

Thank you all for your input. I greatly appreciate it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum