Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #57
Cindysteve

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
OK, now somebody please verify that I have this right.

-Because of voltage drop and resistance, my best bet is 25 ft (not longer) extension cord that is 10 gauge. I must pair each cord with a surge protector. (and 25 ft is plenty long to reach a table next to the coach anyways)

-Running two cords from each 20 amp receptacle will help split the load, and would net a bit more power (providing it does not violate any park outlet usage policy).

-Alternately, I can use a step down dogbone splitter going 50 amp to 15 amp and net even greater power. (when there is both 50 amp and 30 amp receptacles and it does not violate any maximum outlet policies.)

-If I am going to use the induction plate on high, worst case is I have to plug the toaster into the coach receptacle. (unless I use the 50 amp with a splitter where I will have plenty of power.)

Please verify that I now indeed have this figured out, or correct me if needed. Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum