Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #16
Lockpro

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 19G (used Cruise America)
State: Georgia
THOR #20952
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlyzbldcj View Post
Oh also....I filled up the fresh water tank before leaving and it shows empty even though we were hooked up to city water at the park and it was turned on....why would the fresh water tank empty if we were using city water?
On my coach, the city water is one connection and the fresh water fill is another connection. The city water is a pressurized connection and you have to tighten the hose so it doesn’t leak. It bypasses the coach water pump which is not needed due to the city water pressure.

My water tank fill is another “connection”, actually just a pipe with a cap, and you put a hose in it and fill until water runs out. (I actually use a gallon meter and stop it 5 gallons short of full because I have a leak)

So on my coach, being connected to city water does not fill the fresh water tank. Your mileage may vary.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum