Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Camping world?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #50
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys
If you are driving an F-16 you may need the HUD right in front of your eyes. In an RV I think it is designed to get the dashboard info from underneath the dashboard to somewhere in the lower part of the windshield so you can access it more easily.
But but I want to wear the helmet with the hud on the visor, including the aiming lines for the mini-gun I'm going to mount on the roof of the Axis.

Quick aside: was at an air show last summer where I got myself, my son, and some of his friends a ride in a Huey. Here is the back of one of the pilots helmets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown
This thread about HUD displays got me thinking. I had been jonesing for a ScanGauge II. I decided on an OBDLink MX WiFi and will use it on my iPhone with the radio displaying my iPhone screen.
Now that you have the OBDLink check out the FORScan app. Its made especially for Fords: FORScan app
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum