Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #31
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
I actually have that setup at home in storage. I used it when I had a fifth wheel. It takes up a lot more storage space and without good satellite meter, I used a Bull Dog, you are going to have fun setting up. It is very fast with the meter. Yes there are people that can set them up closely enough to use the signal meter inside the receiver to pin point the max signal strength, but it takes time and is a pain. I could set up and nail the satellite in less than five minuets with the meter. A good meter is not cheep. I made my dish mount out of PVC pipe that broke down and was stored in a smallish plastic box. The antenna was four inches off the ground and was only tipped over twice with 55 mph gusts.

May class A came with both the antennas and is far easier to set up. I do not have as much storage space in the Class A as I had in the fifth wheel.
Yep, BirdDogs are over $800 retail or about $500 if you can find a used one. Most meters or sat finders can not power DirecTV's modern SWM LNBs, as they require 30 volts DC as opposed to the old 18 or 24 volt SWM LNBs. A good meter needs to receive and calculate the error rate of received Ka and RB frequencies if you going to get good alignment for 4K frequencies.
We prefer to setup under the trees when available, so a roof mounted dish wouldn't work for us.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum