Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 05:29 PM   #15
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
As far as trailers and fifth wheels go, do not rely on the amount of weigh you can add by the sticker. That is set for a basic trailer. If you got the second AC, and a lot of extras, well the weight is not included in the base weight of the trailer. So you have to weigh it to find out. Yes you have to purchase and then weigh to find out you can have food, no water, and only a quarter of what you thought you could carry. Most do not weigh and are over weight by a lot. We had our fifth wheel weighed at a Goshen rally. We were within 100 pounds left to right and front axle and back. We were basically at max weight which is about what I calculated. We were congratulated and told some weighed that day were as high as 3k overweight. We were among the very few that were within the weight allowed.
CAT scales are a wonderful and magical place that result in "being informed". But a lot of people can't spell CAT. I also am not trying to save the world or people who don't want to be saved. Unless asked in a campground, I don't go around and ask anyone if they have taken their 44' toy hauler 5th wheel being towed by an F-250 short bed how their scales trip was.

When I bought the Omni I knew what the CCC was supposed to be, I just didn't know where it could be. Turns out I'm in pretty good shape, better than I would have guessed. 1/2 tank fresh water and mostly loaded for travel, I have 1400# to GVWR and 1500# to RAWR and about the same for the front.

About trailers the sticker on one is "supposed" to be as it left the factory with options installed on it. It doesn't include, propane, batteries, dealer added items, etc. Yes a trip to the scales is advised if you want to know the facts.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum