Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 02:33 PM   #13
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I find it interesting that the same 7.3L is used in the F53 chassis and the E350 chassis.

The same engine is powering either a tiny 24 foot Vegas or a much bigger 35 foot Ace.

My little Vegas 24.1 really scoots with the 7.3L and gets 12.5 mpg too doing it.

That much engine (7.3L) is not “needed” for smaller motorhomes, but it would probably cost Ford more to manufacture a smaller version given that additional fuel economy would be minor; particularly in light of how few E-350 and E-450 are sold annually.

An inline 6-cylinder version with 5.5L would be great for E-350 but I’m sure it would be cost prohibitive; not to mention most RV buyers would prefer the greater power of the V8.

For what it’s worth, Ford makes an “Economy” version of 7.3L V8 for E-Series but it seems to me that only commercial fleets are using it. I have not seen any data on how “economical” it is compared to standard 7.3L V8.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum