Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 04:58 PM   #36
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
For clarification…
- my question to the glass company was…“if I was paying cash, how much would you charge me?”. He said $5900

- in CA, front glass replacement is not a separate line item on the policy. Instead, it’s grouped as part of Comprehensive. So whatever the Comp deductible is, that’s the deductible for front glass.

So, I can choose to reduce my Comp deductible to $0, but I’ll pay it in higher premiums.
For me, a $0 deductible represents about a 30% yearly premium increase.
The 0 deductible is because some states mandate that insurance companies offer it. Some states don't or have versions of it. When I was in AZ all glass was covered 0 deductible including headlights, turn signals, etc. In FL I think it's just the windshield. AL doesn't require nor do insurance companies offer it. As was stated I could reduce my comprehensive to 0 but that gets expensive real quick. When I was in AZ that 0 deductible was nice but the rest of my insurance was much higher than I pay in AL. They get you someplace. Back when I was in AZ a rock truck which had apparently just left the quarry had loose rock all over the sides, frame, etc and made a flying debris field going down the road. Took out my windshield, both headlights and one turn signal. When I filed the claim with USAA they were trying to initially deny it under the glass coverage because I surely had hood or other body damage thus it would be comprehensive, not glass coverage. They didn't get away with it because I refused to acknowledge any body damages however they did allow me to buy the lights, which they reimbursed me, and install the lights myself rather than the labor expenses at the Mazda dealer. I did some work and "saved" them the labor charges.

So back to 0 deductible glass coverages, seems great except the rest of your premiums are likely higher.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum