Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #7
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I don't think the loss of internal space would near offset the gain in micro fuel mileage to make it worth it. The only thing you can improve on would be the A's and all you could do is point the front end out further (significantly extend dead space and bury engine further) or drop and slant the stand up space over the front seats. That's a big reason people buy A's...the additional, usable space up front. What would be interesting is how much people would sacrifice (space) and pay (camping dollar) for the extra mileage...it it really would increase. I don't think people care enough about it. As I've said...other than Class B's, who really cares about mileage when buying a large C or A? The C's have already been addressed by the chassis manufacturer and the overhead cap (added space) so all that's left is the A's...which is where we start over at the top of this post.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum