Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:04 PM   #37
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
This is one makers chart showing how tire pressure is dependent on the weight of your vehicle....not the max PSI of the tires. And not the sticker the vehicle maker put on as a general guide.
I don't think one excludes one or the other. Nothing is absolute, may be why this topic will never die.

In my honest assessment of reading a lot of the views/opinions; I concluded axle weight is mostly like only going to be relevant if you are
#1. Hauling a Towed
#2. Have different tire than what was OEM specified.
#3. Knowing you are loading your RV a lot more than normal, like exceeding passengers and/or luggage, or using the RV as to save money versus renting a U-Haul truck or trailer to haul some heavy stuff like Gold bars .

Case in point, weight is NEVER going to be factor for me. Why?

Because I have the Goodyear OEM tires and based on Goodyear Mfg specifications, my tires MUST be at least 80 PSI, at the same time based on the same Goodyear chart; 85 PSI coincides with the Maximum weight rating permissible on my Ford Chassis based on RV Manufacturer Specifications. So the Engineering works out in between to 82 PSI; which is what my Yellow sticker says. So my Yellow sticker is 100% correct, and I am also following the weight guidelines of Tire Mfg. So when I check my air pressure, if lower than 80 psi, I add to 82 psi. If higher than 85 psi; I lower to 82. I have never had a weigh, may get one one day, but in my use case, I do not need a weight to figure out what pressure to inflate my tires too.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum