Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1
I have had this problem from day 1 in a brand new THOR. It has been to ONAN twice, and both times they diagnosed, and replaced bad fuel pumps, this with less than 100 hours. It will run from 2-6 hours, quit, and not restart for hours.

ONAN says something in way it was installed is problem, THOR denies it, and I, the customer of both, get screwed in stereo. Kind of like Harris batteries all over again.

Right now no one has a solution, just typical finger pointing and responsibility denial. THOR also tried blaming ethanol in the fuel causing vapor lock. ONAN I am sure has had enough years to engineer their generators to work on 10% ethanol. At least, most seem to.

If anyone hears of someone getting a resolution, please share with all of us.
Onan/Cummins did have a run of bad fuel pumps.

Our genny quit on us on our 2nd trip with it and wouldn't start. When I took it to the local Cummins shop the tech there knew all about it and had the fuel pump swapped out faster than the guy at the front desk could get the paperwork done--he said he has done a lot of them. We haven't had any genny issues since the new pump was put in.

Our issue doesn't sound like yours though: ours quit and would not start back up until we got a new pump.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum