Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #13
jacksmi

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #2954
This is the A-Pillar on the passenger side (rotated 90 degs). If you pull back the plastic covering you will see daylight. That is because Thor did not properly seal between the plywood and the engine compartment. I saw this while installing reading lamps in the cockpit.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160616_210258.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	2274

This is the view of the A-Pillar from the engine compartment. The yellow foam is what I added. The gray foam was what Thor added. As you can see the gray foam is hardly useful. After adding the foam it made a huge difference in noise. BTW also look at your mudroom There was a 1 1/2" gap between the mudroom floor and the wall where the mudroom sliding door is mounted. I could see straight down to the road. I foamed that as well. All this helped a lot with heating and cooling as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160616_181845.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2275

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum