Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 10:29 PM   #8
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtec View Post
Everything you just mentioned hasent hapend to mine and it now has 20k miles the cap is intacted as it was when it rolled out, I looked for the propane line and it's nowhwere near the springs the ac and heat work just fine everything you mentioned we haven't experienced maybe I'm one of those few, one would think at 20k miles something would have happend by now.

So as you added 4wd is a waste for you... it's an absolute necessity for me and I would never even consider buying a motorhome without it.
That's good that you haven't had any problems. Thor factory apparently is inconsistent in what they put out. I must have had one built on the Monday after the Super Bowl with all the issues it had. I'm not making up these things, just ask judge, kwplot, and several others about the cap. The OCCC for the omni and magnitudes is rather low and the 4WD takes valuable weight away from it. Most people if given the choice would chose a 2WD and have more capacity. One of the longer models does just that, 2WD. The most off-road most RVs do is wet grass or gravel road.

The propane line was routed through the rear leaf spring at the hanger and was cut by the spring hanger as I remember. Thor claimed it, my VIN, wasn't included in the recall but I could see differently. Line was cut about 1/3 the way through. The way it was built was impossible to re-route and I suspect the new owner probably had to have a new line run. They don't really have schematics they follow at the factory for many things. They also don't have any meaningful QC to check those things. Thus the inconsistent build quality and some are worse than others. Glad you got a good one, I didn't.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum