Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Search around for any RV manufacturer and you are bound to find dissatisfied customers; its the nature of the business. Combine that with the fact that the happy campers are out camping and not posting on the boards and you get a lot of loud voices that say: "Don't ever buy brand XYZ camper they are junk".

The key to a good RV purchase is the dealer. They are your first point of contact for the brand. If you get a bad dealer that will taint your entire experience as even the smallest issue will get blown up ("I had to leave my new RV at the dealer for 6 months while they fixed some trim"). Thus while you are doing your RV research it is essential that you do dealer research as well (one rule of thumb: If you are planning on picking it up at a Camping World..really investigate that Camping World store as many have very very bad reputations as camper dealers).

RV's don't have the quality control like Cars do and thus a few lemons do make it out there; having a quality dealer can mean all the difference between that lemon ruining your entire RV experience and it just being a blip towards a happy camper.

Thor as a company seems to stand behind their products as many on these forums (including myself) have had great experiences when contacting Thor directly.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum