Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #62
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Penguin -- I would agree, but the warranty guide and Ford booklet is specifically for the stripped chassis. Ford knows that another manufacturer is going to build something on that chassis adding weight -- fire rescue truck, ambulance, executive limousine, delivery truck, local refrigerator truck, motorhome, etc.

I agree that Ford probably sent out the chassis aligned. I'm not one who subscribes to having to realign it because weight was added. A realignment might be required because it wasn't aligned properly in the first place, or if the second manufacturer did something to the suspension system as part of their build. The 2015 E-350 stripped chassis of my Vegas has a curb weight of 6000 lbs and is rated at 12,500 GVWR. Shouldn't Ford's wheel alignment be good for the 6000 lbs up to the total GVWR?

The chassis is rated at several thousands lbs. Is every ambulance, fire rescue truck, delivery van, etc. realigned after the rebuild? And for delivery trucks -- that vehicle would be EMPTY after it was finished reassembly. What happens after several thousand lbs of furniture, cargo, or what ever else it is going to be used to haul is put in the back. Wouldn't that additional weight require realignment? ... and then realigned again after it is emptied?

I'll probably get an answer soon because I'm coming up on my one-year point for my 2015 Vegas. I'll be calling the Ford Commercial Truck dealer soon to enquire about this provision in the warranty guide.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum