Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 04:26 PM   #27
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCreek View Post
SuperD, I've seen many videos and experience a couple fronts go over the years... I'm not sure how an RV crash is really evidence ... I still think it's what the driver does in those first moments that effects the outcome most. Just one thought ... Could heavily dampened feedback cause the driver's reaction to be slower or inappropriate for the situation?
It goes beyond that. The premise of the argument is that a steering stabilizer will keep the wheels pointed straight ahead, but if it were strong enough to make that happen, how would you then steer the MH for quick maneuvers if needed?

Not only that, but there is statistical proof that vehicles like mine (and many others) are more likely to lose control when a rear tire blows than a front one, and rear tires can't steer themselves away from straight ahead when on a solid axle. If simply keeping a tire pointed ahead was better, then why are rear blowouts more dangerous on most 4-wheel vehicles.

I know why this happens, and it's complicated. The point is that things can't be over-simplified.

On the other hand if people feel safer, then it's probably worth every penny -- whether it helps or not.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum