Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 01:17 AM   #9
SailingVehicle

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Whether shore power charges the chassis seems to be another 'it depends' topic... From your measurements - I would say yours does. Mine (2014 Hurricane) seems to as well..

Last winter I ran a laptop from one of the dash cigarette lighters for quite some time before thinking about its power source... It was powered by the chassis (as are all 3 12v outlets on the dash - 2 by driver and one in the 'flip out' desk at passengers seat) - the chassis battery was happy as can be after this...

I need to request wiring (and plumbing) diagrams from Thor for my unit - that will confirm... but hard to argue with a charged battery
I have an Axis 24.1, built Oct 2014. I have been using the dash cigarette lighter ports to power my iPhones and iPads through a USB adapter plus my GPS. Suddenly no power! I haven't been able to test whether the USB adapter is the culprit or the cigarette lighter port is bad. It never occurred to me that the cigarette lighter ports may be powered from the engine battery. I didn't bring the proper test tools so I am at a loss.

Am I reading your post properly?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum