Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
....cut....

Online I see adapters you can put inline to hook up a tank but I don't want to hook up another tank but rather just fill the RV tank with mine. Do they sell a hose that goes from the RV fill to a portable tank or maybe I have to make my own. If I have to make my own what is the fitting type on the RV fill called?
I believe that filling a permanent RV tank from another tank will require a pump. A simple hose can connect two tanks to be used in parallel, but to fill one tank from another requires transferring the liquid, not the gas.

Not sure if it's allowed everywhere because of safety concerns, but if you can't move the RV to a refilling station, have you though of calling a company that may refill on site?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum