Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Factory service experience

In a couple of weeks I'll be taking our Axis to the Thor Factory service center in Wakarusa, IN. I figured I'd start this thread to chronicle my experiences.

Given that I don't know what the weather holds for the next two weeks, and that we have a nice and sunny day with very little wind I figured I'd take the cover off. This turned out to be a little harder than I thought with about 3" of snow and ice on it (this past week we've had about 2-3" of flurries).

Doesn't look like I've done much damage to either the Axis or the cover--other than the radio antenna broke (not sure if the snow/ice on the cover did that or my act of removing the cover did that).

The reason I made the factory service appointment: We've had a slow leak below the passenger window--slow enough that we didn't even notice it the first season. Unfortunately after our first freeze this year a section of the wall below the window swelled up as the water in there froze. Thus off to factory service to see what they can do about all that....

For my trip there I'm not planning on dewinterizing the coach: I'm bringing some extra gallons of antifreeze to flush the toilet with and will use bottled water. Also bringing "simple food" that won't dirty the place up too much. Hopefully I'll only be there a day, or two.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum