Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I have a story about these 'backup camera video systems'...

since I sometimes deliver brand new coaches from several of the factories to dealers, I also 'assume' that everything should be in working order... however...

- the first Fleetwood unit I ever picked up for delivery had a dead, non working, backup camera from the get go... even though they said they would send out a tech to repair it, I declined to transport the unit.

- I then picked up a Newmar unit to deliver. 50 miles up the road it's camera also went dead. While I stayed on the phone for 30 minutes while waiting on someone at the company's tech line for help, when they did finally get to me, they realized that there was not much they could do while I was driving, and it would take stopping at an 'authorized' dealer, somewhere along the way, to try to fix it. I declined the help and decided to deliver the unit anyway, with the dealer's understanding of the situation, and another 600 miles of driving. When stopping for fuel, I had to ask an employee of the station to help me exit since I couldn't see from the rear of the unit. I eventually made the delivery, without having to back up again.

...on my own diesel pusher, I had the same issue, but after 50,000 miles and 2 1/2 years of traveling all over the US and some of Canada - the backup camera video went dead. Fortunately, the original company replaced it at no cost... though now the volume knob does not work for the radio/CD player - oh, well, I can live with that as long as I have the backup camera system working : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum