Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #88
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26
I'm thinking about the 25.1 here in a month or so and I was wondering if you have any thoughts about the Axis now that you've had one for a while. Quality of construction? Fit and finish inside the coach? Reliability of the Ford Chassis? Any warranty issues and how they were handled by customer service. Another Thor owner although not an Axis has made some pretty darn bad comments about the Thor and it's quality. Wonder how you feel. Thanks. Dave
So far we've put about 2500 miles on it give or take a hundred or so. Overall its been good. As far as Q&A it hasn't been much different from the two trailers and one 5th wheel we've owned (purchased all brand new)--in fact I'd say the Axis was a tad bit better in quality in comparison (for reference: Two Fleetwood trailers when Fleetwood made trailers and a Keystone Cougar 5th wheel).
We have not had to get Thor involved in any warranty issues. The one major issue we had at delivery (the bathroom door "pin" latch at the top was broken) was handled satisfactorily by our dealer (they ordered a new door from Thor which took about 3 weeks to arrive. When it came in they replaced it--can't tell that our door is a replacement looks like the original). Personally I think our unit was in a camper show and the door broke from people incorrectly opening the door (its stock # was 100).
Another issue that some may consider a warranty issue: The mudflap hitting the exhaust pipe I took care of myself with the mudflap weights (still haven't driven it far enough to know if they actually fixed the problem or not yet but I'm pretty confident they did).
I've been very pleasantly surprised at the chassis. I already knew that the E-350 chassis with the V-10 was pretty peppy (used to follow Ford Trucks - in the V-10 forums since my prior two F-Series pickups also had the V-10 and in that group the V-10 powered E-Series were known for being a bit more peppy than the pickups) but this thing is a hoot to drive. For an 11,400 lb camper it certainly zips around. I can only imagine how much more zippy it would be with a custom tune!
We'll probably be taking it in for its last "warranty" work in January (the step recall, the front bed skips a beat when its almost all the way down, and perhaps a new battery). I'm pretty sure that will likely be the last warranty work it will require.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum