Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers
Got a question. I have seen several posts talking about taking their brand new coach in for an alignment. Am I to understand after purchase you need to go to a truck shop and get a front end alignment? If so why? Who pays for it? Seems like it should be straight before you get it in the first place. I am picking up a 2017 Thor Synergy on a Mercedes chassy next month and want to know what to do and who pays.

Thanks
Not sure if that applies to the Sprinter chassis. I do know it applies to the Ford (E-Series and F-53) ones.

In the Ford case: There is a minimum alignment done at Ford, but Thor does not do any after building the coach on top. Thus the alignment is proper if you are taking the thing dune buggy racing without any camper on top but not proper with a few tons loaded on the chassis.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Thor does not perform the service and will not cover the costs (there have been a few people that somehow got either their dealer to cover the cost as a condition of the sale, or somehow got Ford to cover it--but both are few and far between).

The best results can be obtained by loading the camper up with your stuff and how you'd travel with it and then get the alignment done.

In our case I took it to a Goodyear Commercial truck service center. Cost about $120. Our sales person, and the service person going through the PDI recommended an alignment, and they both pointed to the two stickers inside the coach also recommending one.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum