Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #12
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyRodgers View Post
Jamie, did you see a reasonable way to change out the tail/brake light bulb? We want LED.

I'm going to follow your example by using flexseal to protect the wood.

Does the black plastic cover on the inside of tail light fixture simply pop off?
When you unscrew it its all one assembly. The red lens covers a black plastic piece that holds the bulbs followed by a foam gasket. In my case the screws used are slightly larger than the holes in the red lens. Since they use a drill to insert them it slightly melted the plastic around the screws and they became attached to each other. I had to carefully back out each screw in increments to keep from breaking the plastic lens then detach the screws once I removed it.

I had to use one of my low power impact driver drills to get it out. I started out using a screwdriver but that approach was not satisfactory. Too much force required and I was afraid if stripping the phillips head screw.

Personally in sealing the wood my choice would be a latex caulk, or silicone, the type used for windows, applied by using your finger. A little messy but you can work it into the wood grain that way and seal it completely.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum