Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
WillowRun

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
How we manual level

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubravsky View Post
Hi all,

Like many I quickly gave up on the automatic leveler on my Four Winds 31W. I've gotten pretty good at using the manual leveler, but when I'm at a site that is not level both front to back and side to side...say sloping down to the front and low on the passenger side... I struggle a bit. What's your strategy for making that work?
We have a 36 ft Four Winds and never auto level anymore either.......I always take a look to see if I am nose down or nose up first.....and yes, while I am sitting in my drivers seat I use the LevelUP app and leveler via bluetooth.
Since I want the rear to be really stable while we are living at our site and my front tires NOT off the ground, I sometimes lower the rear jacks first to touch firmly and set...then I do the front to the best thing next to level.....if I have to raise the back a bit so she can "squat" I do ...then I usually do the left to right thing. I usually leave the big slide side a 1 inch difference so that when we deploy it, we are sitting pretty close to perfect.
I do not worry about the perfect "0" bullseye because I want rain water or condensation from A/C to have somewhere to run to. But I would rather it was a bit towards the back and that my front wheels and springs were not stressed to the max while we are stationary. That app and little box we put in the middle of the coach on the full slide pantry has saved us many a man hour just getting the best advantage when we arrive at the site and sometimes jockey a bit for the best spot to land!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum