Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #1602
rmblaster

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #3788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I've been watching with interest the posts about adding the additional monitor but there are some points either I have missed or are not clear to me in my situation:

Are you replacing the Thor provided, triggered switch box with the monitor, or leaving it in place and routing the output RCA to the monitor?

If replacing the box, how are the 3 cameras attached to the monitor? For that matter, how are they attached to your Silver switch box? I have the black switch box and the camera leads have a proprietary multi-pin connection, not a standard RCA.

And exactly which monitor have you been using. I see they have several

I thank you for the clarification although my DW may not.
Well lets see if i can make it more clear if you have this black box and not the silver one
[/URL]
it gets cut out you will not use anymore you will find a white connector with 5 wires looks like this [/URL]
you cut the wires and tie into the harness that comes with the monitor with butt connectors I found a new connector and wired it up the harness not a fan of splices
you will need to buy 3 adapter cables see parts list [/URL][/IMG]
then its just a matter of hooking up the 3 cameras and trigger wires to new harness hope its as clear as mud now lol
FMCA #F432587
rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum