Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #59
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What is significance of staying below 25'-0"?

Other than some campgrounds placing a 25' limit on certain sites, is there a limit on some ferries, or do they just charge more above 25 feet? I've never taken a MH on a ferry so don't know, but expect it varies by ship.

I've been watching Le Tour de France again this year, and it has reminded me that an Axis 24.1 is a fairly large motorhome compared to most seen on the side of the road. I not only enjoy watching the bike racing, but motorhome "window shopping" is pretty good too.
No limit on any ferry that I have been on - they charge by the foot. If it takes vehicles, they are usually designed to take large trucks, so RVs are not usually a problem. Biggest 25' limits that I have found are in National and state campgrounds. There are many that have a 25' limit for the campground or individual sites. I camp in a lot of these relatively spartan campgrounds that you just cannot get a big rig into. Even the 30' long rear hangover Class C's have issues negotiating the turns.

I spend several months a year traveling around Europe and while the size of RVs has grown over the past 10 years, you do not see too many RVs larger than the Axis. The roads and campgrounds are just too narrow and small.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum