Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Dragon70

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Rating the states

Just completed a 2800 mile road trip (Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington) and wanted to give my 2 cents on impressions.
Overall I'm going to have to give Montana the #1 state followed by Wyoming coming in a VERY close second. I didn't drive as much of Wyoming or perhaps it would have been #1 but in terms of roads, people, facilities, rest areas, food and just plain fun to drive thru, Montana has it all. The roads in Utah are fantastic but what they call rest areas are not in any way what I would call a rest area. Maybe that's why they have such good roads, they let the truck stops call themselves rest areas and spend the money on roads, but they stink! The roads in Idaho are decent, but drivers are not and it gets proportionately worse the farther west you go. Washington is near the bottom of the list if for no other reason than drivers there have no courtesy whatsoever and the roads are mediocre. Last but not least is Arizona which is last on the list for everything but food. The drivers are the worst I've ever experienced and while some of the roads are okay many of the roads especially in Coconino County (Flagstaff) are absolutely horrible. The stretch of I-17 from the south county line to I-40 feels like it was paved with a wheelbarrow and shovel. Overall though a good trip with no major issues.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum