Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Fid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3851
Determining the Correct Tire Pressure

My 2015 Thor Miramar 34.3 has the Michelin XRV tires. When I bought the RV with about 6K miles on it all tires had 80 psi +- 1 psi. I have researched enough to know that I needed to get a fully loaded weight (full tank of gas, full fresh water, gray and black tanks, full gear and full passengers) at all 4 corners of the RV which I have done on a CAT scale using the three tires off the scale on one side and three on the scale on the other side.

My weights were:
Front left 3,860
Front right 3480
Rear left 6,740
Rear right 6,660

According to the Michelin RV Inflation Tables my 80 psi should be about correct.

However, I have noticed that the plaque on the driver side inside wall lists the pressure as 90 psi.

I am assuming the Thor recommendation on the plaque is a general recommendation. Am I right to follow Michelin's recommendation or should I be running 90 psi?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum