Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 03:28 PM   #93
Larry

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomspen View Post
Larry: where can I find the instructions on how to hook up Sat TV to BR and outside TV with splitter?

Thanks

Tom
Tomspen: Sorry it took me this long to reply. We were in N. GA. mountains from Friday till yesterday enjoying our Axis w/no Wifi or cell phone service unless we walked about a quarter mile down the mountain to a lake and stood on one foot (LOL...kidding about the foot part). anyway, this is how I have mine connected for satellite and over the air reception which works for me. Warning though; you don't get campground cable with this config. Will need to install an A/B box and additional splitter for that. Wired like HappilyRetired has his.

The 3 TVs are coax connected in the upper cabinet beside the m/w and behind the antenna booster cover plate (small button switch and when pressed the green light comes on for the antenna booster) in top right corner. Mine had a HDMI cable lying loose in the cabinet and found out it is connected to the main TV over the door and I'll mention this later. So, to connect all TVs together for a sat. receiver with HDMI and component output only, I purchased a RF modulator from Radio Shack (about $25.) which will convert component (red, white, yellow) to coax output. I then removed the cover plate mentioned above (2 screws), disconnected the cable input from the outside (white cable) at the various wire connectors, routed the white cable thru the hole where the power cord for the m/w is and connected it to the satellite receiver coax input. I then connected the component red, white, yellow from the sat. receiver to the Radio Shack RF modulator (ignore the coax input jack...not used in this config.) and using a short piece of coax cable I then connected from the RF modulator back thru the hole in the cabinet to where I had previously disconnected the coax. I then put the cover plate back on. The RF modulator must be connected to the 110v outlet to operate. I used the HDMI that was in the cabinet to connect to the satellite receiver also giving me HDMI quality on the main TV. In this configuration, the outside TV and bedroom TV are standard definition since the component cables are used but the main TV is high definition. Also, the outside antenna booster must be turned off (green light off) for satellite reception.

This does limit you in such a way that all 3 TVs are programmed to whatever channel your satellite receiver is tuned to but I can live with that. Also, since the rf modulator and sat. receiver are in the cabinet, I leave the cabinet door opened slightly so heat doesn't build up too much and the remote won't work thru closed cabinet doors anyway.

Hope this helps get you connected. It sounds like a lot but doesn't take too long to connect it all up. Just a little limited with space and short wiring.

Any questions and I'll be glad to try and answer..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum