Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 01:13 AM   #33
keith herrington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Virginia
THOR #7007
Just bought my first RV in March

Like the OP I too own a Quantum RS26, a 2017 model bought new in March. And like the OP I've had my share of problems, some the same as his. Here are just a few:
a. The wiring under the unit looked like a drunk monkey did on a bad day. I took me several days of work to protect is all, zip tie it out of the way and protect it from damage, especially on the black and grey water sensors.
b. There was a 1" gap between the cab floor and the RV house floor the entire width of the cab. Hot air from underneath the vehicle was blasting into the cab as we traveled down the road. The factory was no help so I fixed it myself with closed cell foam and a strip of door molding. Looks good now and is air tight.
c. The floor of the cab got really hot from the exhaust headers and the transmission so I applied Thermo Tex heat shielding to the bottom of the cab above the headers and transmission. It helps considerably.
d. The unit handled very poorly, especially in a cross wind and when passed by trucks. Installed Helwig HD sway bars, Bilstein shocks and Timbrin bump stops front and rear, and a track bar on the back. Now it handles very predictably and is very stable.
e. Various pieces of inside trim have fallen off and will need to be replaced under warranty.
f. Various pieces of ill-fitting and/or improperly installed trim on the outside of the house will need to be replaced under warranty.
g. And lastly the roof is delaminating and will need to be replaced under warranty as well.

We bought the RV in March, and has never been on a trip. At most we stayed overnight at a local RV park to test the systems and have taken a few day trips to become familiar with its operation. So far we've put about 700 miles on it.

My wife and I did a lot of research before buying, bought from a dealer a few hours away so they could perform the maintenance and thought it smart to buy from a large manufacturer. But after reading Gerber's 63 page treatise on the state of the RV industry, I probably would have approached it differently.

We take our first long trip next week and I hope it performs up to standard. If not, that week will be a long one.

Keith

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum