Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #1
fred93

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8568
2015 Thor Miramar electrical question

My step son was planning to drive his Thor motor home up from Florida to NC to visit with us. Before he made the trip up he called and asked if I had a 50 amp 4 prong outlet that he could connect to the motor home. I told him that I had a 220v 50 amp outlet that I used for my welder, but it was only a three prong. He said he would get an adapter. He bought one from Amazon---https://www.amazon.com/Parkworld-691906-Welder-14-50R-bridged/dp/B01KV0Q278/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501427034&sr=8-2&keywords=50+amp+welder+to+rv+power+adapter

I said that should work okay!?#@^%

Well, NOT!!!! When he got here and we plugged into to my outlet (using the adapter) I got a spark and then NOTHING.

Checking into the problem I guess we fried a few things!?@$!#

Question that I have at this point is: WHY DID THIS HAPPEN????

Also, I spoke with a Thor tech and he said that the refrigerator (which is a residential model) works off of the inverter so that you don't need to have the generator running while driving down the road.

If that is correct, we may have fried the inverter!&^%#@

How can I test the inverter????

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum