Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #30
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Received same recall notice. Had mine inspected last spring under the original recall notice. Had another issue arise with the wiper system, not sure if anyone else has had this problem; driving during rain storm, wipers on intermittent, started passing a semi, went to first on position and had the wipers swing all the way over, as looking out the window, the passenger blade swung way over center and became stuck under the drivers wiper.

Talk about pucker factor!! Driving rain, mist from semi ona two lane freeway! Luckily I use rain-x to clean my windshield as well as the additive in my washer reservoir, so the water was beading away pretty good. I was able to safely navigate to an exit and pull the wiper back over! Happened 3 more times on the drive home.

We were on a 2 week road trip early this month, when I arrived home, I found the 2nd recall notice in the mail. Called Thor, they were aware of problem, it is a defective wiper motor assembly. They are sending me a (hopefully) new motor and I will have the dealer install it when it arrives.

Since I’m out of warranty, they are sending me the motor for free, I have to pay for installation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD506827-CBE4-4632-BEFE-A36984531050.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	7380   Click image for larger version

Name:	0F786527-31CD-4202-A2B9-2711DDA60F5D.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	7381  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum