Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #5584
There's a tiny little black plastic lever on each of the sliders. One goes up, the other down, and it unlocks the drawer slides. Try each one; they'll turn loose, and you can slide the drawer out. Mine has the left one up, right one down. Not sure that's standard, though.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:03 PM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Oregon
THOR #4469
Thanks so much! I think I may have caused this by overloading that drawer with heavy pots and pans. I'll not do that again.

Happy Trails!
Old 06-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #23

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #5584
Might have been that, or might not. I have two that keep breaking, for no apparent reason! Second drawer in the kitchen, bottom drawer under the bedroom bureau. Neither one is loaded with much of anything!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:01 AM   #24

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
Note the two sizes--5 lb and 10 lb holding strength

The cheaper Amazon latches are 5 lb ers. For big drawers you most likely need 10 lb ers. In a pinch I replaced a broken 10 lb er with a 5 lb er but it just didn't have the holding power. I buy my replacements at a local marine store, but on my roadtrip I bought a 10 lb er from CW. Yes, 10 lb ers cost more. These latches go with time, but mine were helped along by the poor state of our Interstates. It became a standing joke that it is cheaper to put up a "rough road" or "bump" sign than to actually fix it!!!

Tags
drawer latch