Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
ETS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #3213
2015 VEGAS 24.1 House Battery Switch Issue

VEGAS 24.1 2015 model - House Battery switch - Mine is a momentary rocker type with six wires running to it. It does not matter if I switch to USE or STORE a solenoid engages the house batteries. Once I release the switch it goes back to center and the solenoid disengages. The only way to keep the house battery solenoid engaged and thereby using house batteries is to physically hold the switch in the USE or STORE positions.
When I bought the unit the house batteries were always engaged no matter what the switch position. The solenoid went bad and THOR sent me a new one and I have the current problem.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Don't know if the reset button to the left of the batteries may have gotten pressed in would cause this problem or not, but you might want to check for that if you haven't already.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
If it is not the solenoid it sounds like something is wired incorrectly. Having to constantly hold the switch indicates the latching relay is not functioning correctly. But holding the Switch in the STORE position to connect the house batteries is exactly opposite how it should work. The store position should be disconnecting the batteries.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
ETS

Model: VEGAS 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #3213
I have chased fuses and relays - I think something is wired wrong but do not have enough information/ detail to find out. Called for service and everyone's pretty busy, two weeks or more once I take unit in?
Reminds me of my Navy days. I remember needing a diode or resistor and having to wait weeks for the requisition to be processed.. We found , using our own money, going to radio shack for the part the day we needed it was the way to go..
Old 11-12-2015, 12:45 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah it sounds like something is wired wrong.

Since you've already replaced the solenoid you know that the circuitry for the switch is in the drivers front outside storage bin. Here is a document that has the circuit diagram for an older version of that circuitry...it may help tracing things down:
RV Custom Products (PDF)
(I found it on a different manufacturers web site but the part # and other details match that circuit board.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote