Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 10
Awning

I have a 2017 Hurricane 35M. The end cap on my awning is missing. Does anyone know what kind of awning it is so I can order a new cap
__________________

Vincesinesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
cobia13's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Georgia
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesinesio View Post
I have a 2017 Hurricane 35M. The end cap on my awning is missing. Does anyone know what kind of awning it is so I can order a new cap


If you bought the unit new there should have been a list of all vendor installed equipment . I had one and it listed the awning info . It was called Component Serial Numbers . It listed our awning with Model , Serial Number and Item number . You should be able to get the manufactures name off the awning . Hope this helps .
__________________

cobia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 10
Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia13 View Post
If you bought the unit new there should have been a list of all vendor installed equipment . I had one and it listed the awning info . It was called Component Serial Numbers . It listed our awning with Model , Serial Number and Item number . You should be able to get the manufactures name off the awning . Hope this helps .
yes thanks
Vincesinesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 6,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia13 View Post
If you bought the unit new there should have been a list of all vendor installed equipment . I had one and it listed the awning info . It was called Component Serial Numbers . It listed our awning with Model , Serial Number and Item number . You should be able to get the manufactures name off the awning . Hope this helps .
Even if you didn't buy the unit new a quick call to Thor with the VIN and you should be able to get that list e-mailed to you.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2016 C-Max Energi
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
cobia13's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Georgia
Posts: 127
I had both end caps missing when I took delivery and CW was nice enough to order replacements .
cobia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 1,393
Its most likely the same as my 29M. Carefree latitude. Mine came off also... I called THor after my warranty expired and they sent me replacements for both sides even though only one had came off. No charge for the replacements. THe service rep told me its a good idea to put a little bit of silicone where they clip together to help keep it on.

Call Thor. they may send it to you.

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:10 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,094
Good info as one of our end caps also came off.
__________________
John & Kerri
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Annabelle
2017 Jeep Cherokee toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - http://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:47 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 10
Awning

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Its most likely the same as my 29M. Carefree latitude. Mine came off also... I called THor after my warranty expired and they sent me replacements for both sides even though only one had came off. No charge for the replacements. THe service rep told me its a good idea to put a little bit of silicone where they clip together to help keep it on.

Call Thor. they may send it to you.

Jerry
thanks I tried to call but they were closed will try again
Vincesinesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:48 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 10
When I do get replacement will definitely silicone them
Vincesinesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesinesio View Post
thanks I tried to call but they were closed will try again
They are only open Monday-friday
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,450
Like Jerry said, a little bit of silicone will help prevent loss. I had the rear cap pop off of mine when I just barely brushed up against a tree getting in to a tigh spot, when I put the cap back on I also used a dab of silicone. Cheap and easy insurance.
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Miramar Owner's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
Posts: 421
SuperD, I was in a campground talking to someone that had the same RV as mine. I was telling him about my end cap and how it came off just like yours. He turned around and looked and he had lost his too. I believe this is a common problem with the Latitude awning.

I called Thor and they sent me a replacement. I anchored mine with a small self tapping screw...problem solved.
Miramar Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
SuperD, I was in a campground talking to someone that had the same RV as mine. I was telling him about my end cap and how it came off just like yours. He turned around and looked and he had lost his too. I believe this is a common problem with the Latitude awning.

I called Thor and they sent me a replacement. I anchored mine with a small self tapping screw...problem solved.
Just like you I believe itís a common problem! Screw would probably be better in the long run, I had silicone with me but no screws. When I take my coach out of storage in the spring I will probably follow your example and use a screw, it will make any future removals much easier if needed. Great idea!!!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 1,393
Where did you put the screw. I havent installed mine yet but when i looked at it there didnt seem like a lot of overlap that the screw could go into. Might have to look at it again

The silicone could go on the locking tab or to the sides of the tab

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Miramar Owner's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Where did you put the screw. I havent installed mine yet but when i looked at it there didnt seem like a lot of overlap that the screw could go into. Might have to look at it again

The silicone could go on the locking tab or to the sides of the tab

Jerry
It's hard to remember exactly, but I believe it was on the the small tab that snaps onto the back part of cover. I used a very tiny self tapping screw. Have not had an issue since.
Miramar Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
mrfixitct's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: South Carolina
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesinesio View Post
I have a 2017 Hurricane 35M. The end cap on my awning is missing. Does anyone know what kind of awning it is so I can order a new cap


call thor, they will send you a replacement, did for me no questions
asked..
mrfixitct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
State: Alabama
Posts: 5
Is the unit still under warranty if so the dealer will cover it, if not call Thor with the Vin number they can tell you.
rkessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 10
I have a Thor hurricane 35 m with a little over 4000 miles. How often should I change the oil? Thanks
Vincesinesio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
cvflowe's Avatar
 
State: California
Posts: 22
My awning cover is missing too. I sent Thor an email and they diverted me to the dealer. I did find my component list with the serial numbers etc, hanging on the wall inside the cabinet behind the bedroom TV.

cvflowe

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171124_132401.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	8594
cvflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:10 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 6,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvflowe View Post
My awning cover is missing too. I sent Thor an email and they diverted me to the dealer. I did find my component list with the serial numbers etc, hanging on the wall inside the cabinet behind the bedroom TV.

cvflowe
Thor will not sell directly to consumers and thus, if you're out of warranty or they don't want to send your a replacement for some reason, they will direct you to a dealer to purchase the part (in most cases Thor will give you the part number, however).
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2016 C-Max Energi
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2