Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31w
State: California
THOR #1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feburns View Post
I just bought the 2015 Chateau 31w. Tried to hook up the sewer hose and there is not enough room between the front of the compartment to connect it. The tank drain is actually blocking the hole underneath. Impossible to get a hose through it much less make the turn to connect it. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah my drain connection was so off center from the hole that you could not connect sewer hose. Thank goodness I noticed it during the walk through. I had the same problem on my 2012 Tuscany 45LT.

RVI Brake2
RMS31W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:49 PM   #22

THOR #1556
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Kind of hard to visualize it. Do you have any photos?

I was not aware that any of the Class C coaches had enclosed dump stations; mine is open to the ground underneath.
Just the 32 footers have enclosed tanks
RVI Brake2
Old 02-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #23

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
not mine..... I wish they were enclosed, but sadly not
Old 02-17-2015, 05:05 AM   #24

THOR #1556
Maybe they didn't start till 2015 but according to their web site 31E, 31L and 31W are all enclosed. What's odd is they still used heat pads instead of ducting the furnace into the bay.
RVI Brake2
Old 02-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #25

THOR #908
interesting. I noticed the floorplan on the web site shows a step into the 31L bedroom now. No step in mine....
I'm curious.....
Old 02-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #26

Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Indiana
THOR #1477
I just picked up my new 31L and it doesn't have the step up into the bedroom.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #27

THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Haul View Post
I just picked up my new 31L and it doesn't have the step up into the bedroom.
is it a 2015 model?
Floor Plans Chateau Motorhomes: Class C RV by Thor Motor Coach

We sure do like ours, the floor plan doesn't look like much on paper.... just basic and boring, but it offers more counter and cabinet space than almost anything! For us the floorplan works well.

our only little beefs are:
the toilet height
the little QC issues we've had
the limited weight capacities, but that is a given with a standard class C I guess
and the grey tank is a bit small...

Anyway, if you are like us, you'll enjoy it!

OH, watch your tail lights for water in them. If you find it address it asap. Raw exposed wood in there and your rear wall will rot out.
Your clearance lights will get water in them too, but I don't think they are as much of a worry i terms of rot or damage to the coach, might just corrode the sockets eventually
.... that is assuming they are still using the same fixtures.....
Old 07-30-2015, 07:22 PM   #28

Model: 2016 Hurricane 32N
State: Illinois
THOR #2257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
My Hurricane was the same as yours - THOR?! I could not adjust it as it is permanently glued in that position - off center to the hole as well. I managed to get a cheap flexible sewer hose attached on it which is flexible enough to pull thru the hole but will be attached permanently - so much for cleaning it. THOR SUCKS BTW!!!!!!!!
Thought I had the same problem with my 2016 Hurricane 32N, but after closer examination I detected rubber seals. So, I gave it some force and it turned down to the bottom hole. Whew! Glad it was not glued!
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 AM   #29

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Does your compartment have a crease on the bottom right next to the drain? Mine does and even if I could rotate it, it would not line up with the opening. Glad ours worked though!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #30

THOR #1295
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer hose off.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Does your compartment have a crease on the bottom right next to the drain? Mine does and even if I could rotate it, it would not line up with the opening. Glad ours worked though!
Here is the picture of the offset!
(THOR)
Old 08-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #31

State: Alabama
THOR #2262
I have a Thor Vegas 24.1 and have difficulty dumping if RV park has sewer connection about 8-10 inches out of the ground! Most do that I have been in. That means dumping and lifting the hose from camper connection all the way along to sewer connection several times to get black water out! Then I have to do the same for grey water and then washing the hose out to be clean! Today I had my hose tear at the RV fitting which was a mess!! Thankfully it was at the last of black tank and by holding fitting together I did get grey water all out but this was the last straw! I am going to get a macerator pump and even if I have to destroy the bin I will get macerator pump connected! What a nightmare today when dumping!! The connection is so low to the ground there has to be a better solution!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #32

THOR #1295
I hear your frustration Humbrace load and clear! My old class C was the same. It actually was lower than some park inlets so I had to do the exact same thing you just described. Good luck bro!
(THOR)
Old 06-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #33

State: Connecticut
THOR #4972
sewer connection to tight to rotate.

17 Vegas 25.3 Anyone have a fix for the sewer hose connection being way to tight to rotate down for drainage?

Thanks,

Curt
Old 06-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #34

THOR #1295
These are tight but I have never seen one that did not rotate with a little force! Tr again making sure they did not glue it shut - it should turn!
(THOR)
Old 06-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #35

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
That's incredible. Leave it to Thor to do something stupid like that... makes me wonder if there are even any engineers working there...

so, now that we know it's not a 'Thor' thing that's the problem here, are you going to apologize? Maybe taking a step back before interrupting the thread with negative comments is a best practice for all of us.

Thor actually installed this CORRECTLY, it swivels as it's supposed to. Most of us would agree, though, that once you learn it the hard way, as the OP has, you'll never forget it!

Let's just ask all RV manufacturers to add a small 'arrow' label to the valve body to show us dummies that it swivels... : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:21 PM   #36

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I do not intend this as criticism for owners not aware that most Thor sewer connections rotate down. But it baffles me how s dealer could have performed a comprehensive PDI and not have shown a new owner how to connect the sewer hose. That should have included removing the round cover on the hole in the floor, routing the sewer hose from the underside of the coach, and rotating that Y-connection downward to connect the hose.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:19 PM   #37

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I do not intend this as criticism for owners not aware that most Thor sewer connections rotate down. But it baffles me how s dealer could have performed a comprehensive PDI and not have shown a new owner how to connect the sewer hose. That should have included removing the round cover on the hole in the floor, routing the sewer hose from the underside of the coach, and rotating that Y-connection downward to connect the hose.
Ed,
Don't know if you remember because this has been repeated so often but I had the same concern with the swivel fitting on our 2016 Axis. The dealer didn't show me anything specific with it either. I even took it to another service center and they were about to tear the whole thing apart before I found the hint on this forum. Now if I really want to complain, it would be about wasting a huge amount of money on PermaPlate coverage for the gelcoat finish.....
Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 PM   #38

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
On any RV I bought, have never had on final walk through, anyone do more than point out where the connections go, including the current Gemini. They were willing to demo anything I asked, but really offered nothing that was not on their script. By the time I bought this MH, I have had enough years RV'ing that I really didn't need much in the way of instruction, just switch locations, and any idiosyncratic functional requirements.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #39

Model: Hurricane
State: Texas
THOR #7015
Actually you can buy another access deck plate, cut a new hole and install. Had the same problem left the old deck plate in place.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #40

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
If you thing the wye is to hard to move, you can just loosen the four nuts on the knife valve screws one turn turn each (8 nuts total)
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote