Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #45
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
It does help greatly

I watched the video, bought the correct stuff and did the slide lube job last month. Had a couple trips since and the thumping is gone..for now. So this slide lube is a real thing to do.
Thanks for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcamper View Post
I also had a banging noise coming from the slide wall, which is behind my head when driving. It became increasingly worse over time. The noise had become so significant that I could literally feel it in the wall.

To be honest, I lubricated the slides accordingly to all the videos out there, and the noise went away... completely.

My guess is the noise was actually the slide mechanism shifting fore and aft ever so slightly during travel, and the lubrication eased this movement thereby eliminating the noise.

Its been well over a year, and the noise has not returned.

Regards...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum