Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #24707
Delano electronics

Bought a used 2021 Thor Delano 24RW. Still trying to figure out the connectivity and entertainment wiring -some manuals were missing. Figured out that the rig originally came with a Sony blueray player that is no longer there. Bought a replacement
Two questions. (1) The coax jack plate in the cupboard over the loveseat has a cable input in the back of the plate (from the wet bay -got that) and an antenna input. There is a switch for the 2 inputs. Where does the antenna feed come from, i.e. where is the antenna? The coax switch plate is embossed with Winegard but I am assuming it has nothing to do with the Winegard WIFI booster?
And (2) there are 3 HDMI cables coming through the wall in that same cabinet. They were connected to a splitter. 2 go to the two TVs (dinette and bedroom). The 3rd was plugged into input on the splitter ( maybe incorrectly?). Where does this 3rd HDMI run to/from? Thor tells me “ the antenna”. Not sure that is correct. Again what antenna and where? Thanks.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:17 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
On mine there is a switch in the upper cabinet that turns off the booster for the antenna, they also said it turns off the wifi, both the antenna and the wifi are winegard. The hdmi is connected one at a time to the blue ray player each one goes to a different tv. If you decide to use the winegard wifi only use it through a browser, not the app, the app is useless. Connect to the winegard, open chrome and type in 10.11.12.1. The default name is admin and the password is in you paperwork for winegard or admin, both are sometimes admin. It will let you in then pick 4g if you have a sim card, if not pick wifi and connect to campground wifi and it will boost the signal
Old 09-07-2021, 09:39 PM   #3

THOR #24707
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. think I have the Winegard WIFI figured out. And yes the button on the plate switches from Antenna to Cable. Can someone confirm for certain that the antenna feeding the coax is in the Winegard. There is no mention of any wiring other than power in the Winegard booster install instructions? However the install instruction for the switched wall plate say “ make sure antenna is up”?
I’m also guessing that the original dvd player also took signal from the coax outlet and then fed HDMI signal to the splitter at one time ( like an old cable TV box). That still leaves my wondering where that third HDMI cable goes ( three go into the wall).? Any chance it was supposed to go to the built in stereo/cd/dvd player? I have had that unit out of the wall but there is not an HDMI cable connected to it
Old 09-07-2021, 10:02 PM   #4

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Wanderer View Post
Thanks for the reply. think I have the Winegard WIFI figured out. And yes the button on the plate switches from Antenna to Cable. Can someone confirm for certain that the antenna feeding the coax is in the Winegard. There is no mention of any wiring other than power in the Winegard booster install instructions? However the install instruction for the switched wall plate say “ make sure antenna is up”?
I’m also guessing that the original dvd player also took signal from the coax outlet and then fed HDMI signal to the splitter at one time ( like an old cable TV box). That still leaves my wondering where that third HDMI cable goes ( three go into the wall).? Any chance it was supposed to go to the built in stereo/cd/dvd player? I have had that unit out of the wall but there is not an HDMI cable connected to it
The antenna is the winegard
Old 11-14-2021, 09:57 PM   #5

Model: Delano
THOR #22911
I have a 2021 Delano 24TT for reference. I was scratching my head initially trying to understand how the system worked. The Winegard Connect 2 is a LONG RANGE, HIGH PERFORMANCE 4G LTE + WIFI EXTENDERS FOR RVS With Long Range Omnidirectional TV/FM Antenna. That’s copied and pasted from online manual that Thor provides to owners. Everything is in the black round box on the roof. Sounds like you figured out the switch for cable vs. antenna connection on the wall plate. The 24TT has a multipurpose head unit on the wall as you enter the RV, right behind passenger seat. It is a dvd as well, Magnadyne brand which I’d never heard of. It looks a little cheap but a lot of functionality in one device. In my rig the third hdmi cable coming into the splitter input is coming from that device so that either TV can watch movie. I know you said you pulled the head unit out a few time and found no hdmi so that is puzzling. Do you have any other electronic entertainment devices mounts inside the rig? Maybe they pre-wired only?