Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2021, 06:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #23231
New 2021 Aria - help with cigarete lighter

Hi, we are new to this forum and also new owners if a 2021 Aria 4000. The 12v socket/cigarette lighters are not working. Can someone help?

Old 05-01-2021, 07:40 PM   #2

Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekendtraveler View Post
Hi, we are new to this forum and also new owners if a 2021 Aria 4000. The 12v socket/cigarette lighters are not working. Can someone help?
Possibly...I have a 2017 Thor Aria 3901. It could be a simple fuse issue. Can you confirm if the other 12V ports are also not functioning (i.e.: the USB charging/power ports)? If so, it could be the power point 20 amp fuse in the fuse panel in the front driver's side compartment by the hydraulic pump.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I have a new 2021 Axis and I think I have the same problem. Does yours have an Axxera radio and backup camera display on the dash and the cigarette lighter outlets are just below that display to the right.

I have had two conversations with Thor customer service about it. One by email was essentially worthless. The tech service person had no clue. But I did have a good conversation by phone with someone who offered these suggestions:

1. First reach underneath the dash and follow the wiring from the back of the socket. It could be loose. I did this and it was fine. Both of the two sockets are served by a single blue white power wire.

2. He said that they get their power from the fuse/relay box in an external compartment underneath the drivers seat. Yours may be different of course. I looked under there and saw what may be the fuse that serves those lighter sockets, a 15A one. When I get back to the MH next week I will pull it out and check to see if it is good.

If it is good I don't know what I will do, maybe nothing as I don't really use them. I use a USB outlet below them for charging my iPad and it is only powered when the chassis engine is running and the Axxera radio is on.

Good luck and let me know how you make out.

David
Old 05-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #22899
Aria cigarette lighter plug

Aria 2021 3901

All three of mine are only putting out 8-9 volts, not enough to work
Old 05-09-2021, 04:13 PM   #5

THOR #14127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc9008@aol.com View Post
Aria 2021 3901

All three of mine are only putting out 8-9 volts, not enough to work
That's concerning - two things:

1) How are you validating the voltage (volt meter or something else?)

2) If it is truly 8-9 volts, can you confirm that your chassis battery is properly reading 12+ volts on the firefly panel? If it is, I wonder if you have a really bad ground feeding those outlets for some reason.
Old 05-09-2021, 06:25 PM   #6

THOR #22899
I will check on the board. My reading came from a volt meter.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:41 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I wonder if the power is effected by whether the engine is running or not. Power while traveling might be one thing, being powered when parked might be another. Some may be powered by the CHASSIS batteries, and only have power when the engine or ignition is on, while others might work 24/7. Others might be powered by the HOUSE batteries, which should always be powered if the House Use/Store switch is not set to Store.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:00 PM   #8

THOR #22899
I have time today to check out the 12 volt plugs in the cab. Last week they were giving me only 8-9 volts so nothing worked Except USB ports. Left front where the hydraulics is located there were numerous loose connections on the power side . The fuse box was opened and a whole block of fuses were loose, just needed to pushback in . Next I went to the inverter cabinet on the r.rear and checked all connections . Fuses were good but the power connections on the left side were loose. All of the power connectors were at least one full turn loose. Now I have 12 volt plug in working in the cab.
Old 05-16-2021, 10:23 PM   #9

THOR #14127
Great to hear! Glad it worked out and you found the root cause.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:33 AM   #10

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc9008@aol.com View Post
I have time today to check out the 12 volt plugs in the cab. Last week they were giving me only 8-9 volts so nothing worked Except USB ports. Left front where the hydraulics is located there were numerous loose connections on the power side . The fuse box was opened and a whole block of fuses were loose, just needed to pushback in . Next I went to the inverter cabinet on the r.rear and checked all connections . Fuses were good but the power connections on the left side were loose. All of the power connectors were at least one full turn loose. Now I have 12 volt plug in working in the cab.
Must have been some Thor kids in there pulling all the pretty colors on the assembly line!
Gary

GVP
Old 10-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #11

Model: 4000
State: South Carolina
THOR #25123
I have the same issue. Do you remember what it takes to turn it? Screw driver? Socket?
Old 10-20-2021, 02:44 AM   #12

Model: 4000
State: South Carolina
THOR #25123
In the front compartment where hydraulic pump is located, a 20 amp fuse I believe number 2 was blown on mine. I replaced it and now my blue ox patriot remote is working. Thanks for the previous replies

Tags
cigarette lighter