Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
The back up lines shown. Is that an option on the monitor? By the way the link works fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post

Old 07-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #42

THOR #6513
Thanks Mo Mike for all that info and pictures.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #43

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
Wow. How bright is it? Can you see it easly in bright daylight. Also curious as to how it is mounted. Does it give you any options other than the base shown on amazon?
The screen is very bright and easy to see, comes with a sun shade. I used a Ram mount for my monitor. You will need to go on Amazon and get a 3 1/2" mounting disk, the suction cup won't stick to the dash, here is the link for it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-13-2017, 11:01 PM   #44

Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I replaced ou monitor with a 9" quad view model from Rear View Safety, great picture and can view all the cameras at the same time! Installation was easy, about 30-40 min.
Rear view safety makes some great cameras and have a great tech staff. May I suggest you call them and see if they have what you need.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:44 AM   #45

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Michigan
THOR #7496
Now my camera has quit working all together. Neither side view cams work either. No signal... Back to the dealer ship...
Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 AM   #46

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj73 View Post
Now my camera has quit working all together. Neither side view cams work either. No signal... Back to the dealer ship...
The camera in our Windsport quit working, it was the switchbox, one of the things that prompted me to upgrade to the 9" monitor.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:26 AM   #47

Model: Vegas
State: Delaware
THOR #15459
I have a 2018 Thor Vegas with the rear back up camera. Crazy question, what button/function do you have to use in order to keep it on while driving so you can see behind you consistently, not just one putting it in reverse? I read that it had this option but I cannot find out how to do it…
Old 05-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #48

THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheroadwithT View Post
I have a 2018 Thor Vegas with the rear back up camera. Crazy question, what button/function do you have to use in order to keep it on while driving so you can see behind you consistently, not just one putting it in reverse? I read that it had this option but I cannot find out how to do it…
symbol and it turns on the rear camra view

On mine its done thru the radio on the dash. It has a camera symbol on the main screen. Just touch that symbol and it turns on the camera.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:55 AM   #49

Model: Vegas
State: Delaware
THOR #15459
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
symbol and it turns on the rear camra view

On mine its done thru the radio on the dash. It has a camera symbol on the main screen. Just touch that symbol and it turns on the camera.
Thank you. I thought I tried that but my screen, touch feature, doesn’t seem to work real great. Having the tech look at it. I will definitely try again. Thanks for your response.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #50

State: Virginia
THOR #12921
Replacement Cameras for Thor Miramar

I just pulled my Axxera AVM111NAV because to kept shutting down. I am looking for a replacement suggestion for a 2018 Thor Miramar. One that will connect t the pre-existing wire system hopefully. I do not mind playing a little for one with GPS, Camera and Radio as long as the darn thing works for more than a year.
Old 12-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #51

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Install rear view safety monitor in place of axxera radio

[QUOTE=SuperD;75589]Several of us have purchased and installed a 9" quad view monitor from Rear View Safety. You can view all the cameras at the same time in different configurations on a nice large easy to view screen. Installation took about 30 min and was very easy. $224 for monitor, mounting base, and wiring harness. This monitor uses the same five pin camera connections that Thor uses, others from like Amazon use an rca connection and won't work. One of the best mods I have done, and I've done a bunch. Here is a pic, not very good, sorry.

Attachment 5638[/QU⁶OTE]
I bought that same monitor but it appears that I also have to buy their module. Do you have a wiring diagram of your install?
Old 12-31-2021, 06:17 AM   #52

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #7188
Gave up on factory rearview camera

Our 2017 Vegas rearview camera works most of the time, which is not good enough. Many times I've played with the RCA plugs under the dash and got it working, then we hit a bump and no camera, so I tied up the wires tightly, put dielectric grease on the plugs, and so on. It'll work for a while then get intermittent again. The dealer is replacing the Axxera unit, but the problem may be elsewhere. Finicky doesn't cut it, so I've installed a completely independent 4 camera unit with a 10" screen. It even functions as a dash cam by recording all four camera images to an SD card. The one I settled on is supposed to have infrared LEDs which ought to work in total darkness. It does not, but with the tail lights on, it sees fairly well and really well with the reverse lights. The seller tells me it works in low light but not in no light. Uh-huh! OK, I got an infrared LED spotlight. The camera can see the spotlight but the spotlight illuminates very little. Maybe the camera wave length is not the same as the spotlight wave length? I wanted something that will allow me to see around the motorhome it total darkness.
Suggestions?
Old 12-31-2021, 06:56 AM   #53

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Night vision goggles? Seriously though, you might do a Google search for "infrared lights for cameras". Lots of options...