Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2020, 02:32 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alberta
THOR #12493
Leaving RV in storage

We like to leave Canada before the snow flies and leave the motor home somewhere warm while we go home for Christmas. Last year we left the motor home in St George, Utah with storage arranged through Temple View RV Resort. This year was Houston, Texas at RDP storage (Ralph even drove us to the airport and was willing to pick us up as well).We clean out both refrigerators.
We don’t have dogs but do have a cat. She flies well under the seat in front of me and the airline only charges $25 each way. We make sure we have current vet checks and immunization records with us.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:52 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
U Haul has become a big player in auto and RV storage with covered, indoor and outside storage. Many locations offer power. Their website has a search feature by zip code. They are emailing me a map of all locations in the US. Perhaps find a locations and adjust travels to be near one of these locations when ready to go home. If they have them, others do as well. It will be an interesting challenge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	22405Click image for larger version

ID:	22405Watch out for the UHaul places that offer power...We keep our RV at one with a Roof and they only have Power turned on for 2 hours a day. When we first started using them for storage we had power 24-7....They say company directed them to cut back on power usage......We pay $99.00 a month for storage.....Click image for larger version

ID:	22405
Old 02-01-2020, 05:17 AM   #23

State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Our year has come...2020 marks full retirement for the April (January 31st) and we now start our plans to travel extensively for the next 12 months plus. We will still have the home in Florida and will still travel with "Bugsie and Blondie", the two wacko Labs. There are lots of places we plan to visit. Some legs would be wonderful to have the dogs along and others less so. We have a family member who can sit the house in Florida for weeks at a time for those legs we will not take dogs. My question here...have any of you done extended traveling, leaving your coach stored somewhere out west and flying back and forth to continue the journey? Seems traveling 3 to 4 weeks, returning home with the MH to just head back out across our path again to go further is a waste of time and money. Do you know of specific places safe to store a MH with a minimum of 15A power? Being flexible, we could travel off the path for this type setup. I've read a little about people having a spot on their property and charging a reasonable fee for storage but haven't looked in to it yet. Any experiences with this would be very helpful. Thanks!!
I think your idea has merit. I think if you do a little research like you already have that you can find some short term RV storage that will work.Do you happen to have solar on your RV? I have a residential refrigerator on mine. Our solar can keep up with it out here in sunny Southern California. Especially if you turn your temperature down to minimum. Make sure you leave water and/or beer in the fridge for the sensors and for refreshment when you return.
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote