RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #4841
Member
 
Habu77's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
Posts: 66
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Nice job my friend!!!!

You and me both. I am doing things like a handy-man that I have never attempted before. I try not to focus on "how long it takes me" either...it takes what it takes. Right now, this water leak is kicking my butt. Congrats on your stair fix, jannnda.
__________________

__________________
Terry, Dee Dee, Sadie (our Cocker Spaniel), and Satchmo (our Shih Tzu).
Habu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #4842
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 568
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
You and me both. I am doing things like a handy-man that I have never attempted before. I try not to focus on "how long it takes me" either...it takes what it takes. Right now, this water leak is kicking my butt. Congrats on your stair fix, jannnda.

That is my attitude ďit takes however long it takes ď. The stairs were way over my head. Donít care, they didnít work... how much worse can I make it?
__________________

__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:55 PM   #4843
Member
 
Habu77's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
Posts: 66
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
That is my attitude “it takes however long it takes “. The stairs were way over my head. Don’t care, they didn’t work... how much worse can I make it?
Exactly. I am still trying to tackle that water leak.
__________________
Terry, Dee Dee, Sadie (our Cocker Spaniel), and Satchmo (our Shih Tzu).
Habu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:31 PM   #4844
Senior Member
 
jannnda's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31Z Hurricane
State: Texas
Posts: 568
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu77 View Post
Exactly. I am still trying to tackle that water leak.

Kick itís ass!! I really hope you figure it out. When you do, post what you found. Good luck.
__________________
jannnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #4845
Member
 
Habu77's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
Posts: 66
THOR #9751
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
Kick itís ass!! I really hope you figure it out. When you do, post what you found. Good luck.
Will do.
__________________
Terry, Dee Dee, Sadie (our Cocker Spaniel), and Satchmo (our Shih Tzu).
Habu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:15 PM   #4846
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Here you goAttachment 15343



will any red grease work?


are there zert fittings we have to lock into?




im at work, ordering stuff...not by the coach.


thanks.
__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:11 AM   #4847
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandG View Post
Thanks Dino & HTTR. It's good to see a Redskin fan in Texas!

I can now move the Progressive Industries EMS HW50C to the completed column.

Rear Trac bar is due in mid-next week...I can't wait to get that one done.

We'll be starting our first long RV trip in a few weeks & I want to take my time & enjoy life.

I'll be taking Interstates & Towing. I want all the help I can get to keep from getting pushed when the Big Trucks come flying by me.



installing this friday, where did you put the 'remote'?
__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #4848
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
installing this friday, where did you put the 'remote'?
Right here. I have two. One for them and one for the second ac I install


JerryClick image for larger version

Name:	1562287306161.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	25100
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #4849
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Right here. I have two. One for them and one for the second ac I install


JerryAttachment 25100



perfect. so did you go in fromm the top (under the bed)....or pull out that breaker box.


and did you just cut the shoreline cable anywhere? i have read about this 'transfer switch'...just dont know what all that is, havent been in there.
__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #4850
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
perfect. so did you go in fromm the top (under the bed)....or pull out that breaker box.


and did you just cut the shoreline cable anywhere? i have read about this 'transfer switch'...just dont know what all that is, havent been in there.
I took the cover off the electrical, only a couple of screws, and ran the wires up. There was room at the top.

There several ways to do the install. Yes you can cut the main romex coming into the mh

Lots of videos on YouTube and on progressives website. Fairly easy install

Just make sure ALL power is off to the mh

JERRY
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #4851
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
This is an amazing thread. As a new 2020 Windsport 35M owner it's already been a great resource!

We haven't been on a trip yet, for 2 weeks I've been busy getting road ready.

I've done:
- soap dispensers
- toilet paper holder fix
- glove dispenser in wet bay
- Gila tint on passenger and driver windows
- pull handle in screen door
- scotch guard furniture
- fire stick add-on to HDMI distribution
- Maxx air covers on bathroom vents
- foam topper on bed
- storage bins for compartments
- wet bay accessories with quick connects

On short todo list:
- steering stabalizer
- CHF
- checking and sealing cold air out to storage/ under carriage
- 110v inside overhead cabinet in living room for printer
- make cutting board sink cover
- cushion and lumbar support (Jan really hates the captain chair)
- passenger cup holder
- hitch bike rack
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:21 PM   #4852
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
This is an amazing thread. As a new 2020 Windsport 35M owner it's already been a great resource!

We haven't been on a trip yet, for 2 weeks I've been busy getting road ready.

I've done:
- soap dispensers
- toilet paper holder fix
- glove dispenser in wet bay
- Gila tint on passenger and driver windows
- pull handle in screen door
- scotch guard furniture
- fire stick add-on to HDMI distribution
- Maxx air covers on bathroom vents
- foam topper on bed
- storage bins for compartments
- wet bay accessories with quick connects

On short todo list:
- steering stabalizer
- CHF
- checking and sealing cold air out to storage/ under carriage
- 110v inside overhead cabinet in living room for printer
- make cutting board sink cover
- cushion and lumbar support (Jan really hates the captain chair)
- passenger cup holder
- hitch bike rack

gonna need more info on the red texted ones please!



i HIGHLY suggest the THULE bike rack, and they offer an extension to get 4 bikes up there. i just did the CHF, super easy...def need a bottle jack to hike the bar up, and doing the roadmaster steering stabilizer this morning.


i am actively looking for a 'yeti' sized cup holder for driver area if anyone has any insight please!
__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #4853
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
gonna need more info on the red texted ones please!



i HIGHLY suggest the THULE bike rack, and they offer an extension to get 4 bikes up there. i just did the CHF, super easy...def need a bottle jack to hike the bar up, and doing the roadmaster steering stabilizer this morning.


i am actively looking for a 'yeti' sized cup holder for driver area if anyone has any insight please!
I'll do these one at a time.

Soap dispensers in both bathroom counters.

I didn't want to get all the wood shavings all over the place so I used a Gatorade bottle to contain.

Got the dispensers at Lowe's.

Easy install. Make sure you put the bottle under counter to make sure nothing will instruct it before you drill holes.

Used a 1 inch auger drill bitClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115551.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	25110Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115534.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	25111Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115123.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	25112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115216.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	25113
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:04 PM   #4854
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
For the shower I actually screwed it in. Didn't really want to mess with 3m tape. I siliconed the area.

Notice that I placed it on the ridge for added support. Used stainless 1/2 inch pan head screws.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FGCW0A..._8bk7SwXRJxXdgClick image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(2).jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	25114
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #4855
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
Glove dispenser in wet bay

Harbor freight

You have to remove a screw from a panel covering tank, drill a hole to put screw from the back and use nuts to secure holderClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115356.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	25115Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115446.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	25116Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200723_115456.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	25117
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #4856
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
Gila film

Bought at Lowe's

Use a spray bottle with water and dawn liquid (enough to feel slightly slippery)

Hopefully it will cut glare that makes viewing mirror hard.

Looking at adding a 32 inch pull down solar shade. Can't go full 48 inch because of bed.Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(3).jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	25118Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(4).jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	25119
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #4857
Senior Member
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 114
THOR #19565
Oh yeah, I'm going to Scotch guard the awnings before I use them (expose to sun)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image%20(5).jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	25120
__________________
bojanlora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #4858
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
For the shower I actually screwed it in. Didn't really want to mess with 3m tape. I siliconed the area.

Notice that I placed it on the ridge for added support. Used stainless 1/2 inch pan head screws.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FGCW0A..._8bk7SwXRJxXdgAttachment 25114

so it doesnt come with screws? you bought those pan heads?


do you know what you screwed into? is there backer board there?
__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #4859
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,710
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lbert View Post
so it doesnt come with screws? you bought those pan heads?


do you know what you screwed into? is there backer board there?
Mine came with 3m tape plus I used silicone. Its not going anywhere

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #4860
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
Posts: 80
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Mine came with 3m tape plus I used silicone. Its not going anywhere

Jerry

silicone just for added strength?
__________________

__________________
t0lbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×