Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2021, 03:45 AM   #401

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
I ordered the airflow thank you

Old 02-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #402

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
Anyone try this ac upgradeAttachment 26939
I ordered one for my Coleman Mach 3. It’s an inch too thick. Waiting for a reply from company as to what to do. Good luck with yours.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:13 PM   #403

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Texas
THOR #25110
To try to resurrect this thread that has tons of good information. I am doing some of the mods listed early in the post and I have a question and a couple of comments. My Coleman is a heat pump and is different from most rigs out there because it does not have ceiling grills under the unit. The return air is sort of ducted in that there are four small grills (two each side) along the outer portion of the ceiling. Each has a foam filter in it. The thermistor discussed as to location in the coil is already almost at the top so I didn't mess with it. The photo is hard to figure out but it is from the top and you can see the opening to the return air plenum below.

My question involves insulting the large line going to the evaporator. Being a heat pump mine has a reversing valve so there multiple large lines. I'm not sure how to determine which is used in AC and which is used in heat. I would like to insulate but I'm not sure I should insulate both.

I opened the box and the evaporator sits on insulation top and bottom to seal the return from the discharge so not action necessary there. I insulated the box so hopefully that will help.

My cover is black (as is everything on the roof) and I know that doesn't help. My rig is mostly black and dark gray so I prefer to not have white AC boxes on the roof. I tried to get the best of both worlds by painting to tops white and leaving the sides black.

Once I figure out the line insulation issue I'll button it up and post some more pics.

Thanks in advance for you comments and suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2785.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	36990   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2782.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	36991  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2783.jpg