Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #101

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Our Quantum JM31 arrived

Took delivery of the a 2022 Quantum JM31 yesterday. We got thru the day and feel rode hard and put up wet. Have you ever tried to drive a square peg into a round hole? That is what it is like going from a 40 foot diesel pusher to a 32 foot Class C. I have been taking things out of the coach for months and only left stuff in the big one that we wanted to move to the little one. It is going to fit but much of it is still in boxes and bags. We have done this three times now but the first two were going to a bigger RV. It always takes longer than you think to move all the stuff. The most important thing is Buddy (our dog) seems to approve of the change and has already claimed the couch.

On the positive side the 2021 Ford chassis seems quite compared to the one we test drove in Jan. That was a 2021 Quantum JM31 and may have been on a 2020 Ford chassis. They both had the new 7.3 V8. Also the brakes seem to be improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Square peg into a round hole.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	30687   Click image for larger version

Name:	First camp site.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	30688  

Old 05-21-2021, 06:21 PM   #102

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Always take your time and definitely have fun
Old 04-22-2022, 04:14 PM   #103

Model: PD31
State: Florida
THOR #26606
We purchased our 2016 Quantum PD31 in March. Having a blast but still shaking out some of the kinks.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:05 AM   #104

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Surprise for me on the E450 Power steering hydraulic line safety recall

Called Ted Russell Ford Parkside Drive here in Knoxville yesterday to schedule an inspection of the power steering lines on our 2022 Quantum JM31 built on a 2021 Ford E450 chassis. I have a recall letter from Ford. We ordered the coach in Jan 2021 and picked it up in Florida on May 20, 2021. The coach was built in Indiana. The lady at the dealership ask for our VIN number and replied that the recall had already been done in April 2021 at a Ford dealership in Texas. We have never had this coach to any dealership Ford or otherwise since picking it up. It puzzles me how this can be unless Thor did the inspection at the factory and somehow used the Ford dealership in Texas to document the fact. We received an email from Matt Sibbick at the factory on April 12, 2021 stating that our coach was already in production. I believe the E450 Cutaway Van is built in Avon Lake Ohio so how did it get to Texas in April and back to Indiana so fast? Why would Thor ship the chassis down to Texas when they have Ford dealerships in Indiana?
2023 Colorado Z71
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:39 PM   #105

Model: Quantum WS31
State: Washington
THOR #27401
My new Super C RV

Purchased the WS31 this month! Maiden Voyage was 5 days at a local resort. Found some issues (most are commonly reported - you'd think TMC would check for these common issues and train their test teams to make them look better out of the gates!)

Odd issues noted:

(1) Shower doors are always off the rail after even a short 10 mile drive and not easy to reset. (I'm disabled and have bad joints!)

(2) Sewage drain blocks access plug installation and does not swivel as shown in their videos. Makes that bin a wasted space fro storage and a cleaning nightmare after traveling. (Solve this and the downward opening access door wouldn't be a problem. I got chocked out reaching in to connect from under and inside at the same time. - did I say I was disabled?)

(3) Driver's Map Light doesn't light - in any condition I could establish (Engine running parked or driving, on shore power, and engine not running/not on shore power! (Yes I was a Sailor!)

(4) Can't get the ShowerMi$er to work...after removing the pressure regulator to get flow to my tankless water heater solved the heating problem! Nothing like the equipment on the ShowerMi$er's web site could be found though it's on the invoice as installed.

Making my list of repairs for the RV Warranty Checkup next month.

Otherwise:Theater seats are awesome - no longer sitting at the dinette to watch the Main TV!
Happy Camping - I go camping to remove the bad 'tudes I get while NOT camping!
Old 07-19-2022, 11:59 PM   #106
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMikey59 View Post
Purchased the WS31 this month! Maiden Voyage was 5 days at a local resort. Found some issues (most are commonly reported - you'd think TMC would check for these common issues and train their test teams to make them look better out of the gates!)

Odd issues noted:

(1) Shower doors are always off the rail after even a short 10 mile drive and not easy to reset. (I'm disabled and have bad joints!)

(2) Sewage drain blocks access plug installation and does not swivel as shown in their videos. Makes that bin a wasted space fro storage and a cleaning nightmare after traveling. (Solve this and the downward opening access door wouldn't be a problem. I got chocked out reaching in to connect from under and inside at the same time. - did I say I was disabled?)

(3) Driver's Map Light doesn't light - in any condition I could establish (Engine running parked or driving, on shore power, and engine not running/not on shore power! (Yes I was a Sailor!)

(4) Can't get the ShowerMi$er to work...after removing the pressure regulator to get flow to my tankless water heater solved the heating problem! Nothing like the equipment on the ShowerMi$er's web site could be found though it's on the invoice as installed.

Making my list of repairs for the RV Warranty Checkup next month.

Otherwise:Theater seats are awesome - no longer sitting at the dinette to watch the Main TV!
Happy Camping - I go camping to remove the bad 'tudes I get while NOT camping!

The WS31 is a Class C, not a Super C FYI.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners